Friday, October 28, 2011

Benefits of Juice Fasting for Crohn's, Colitis, IBS, and Celiac desease.


I enjoy a good meal and a glass of red wine as much as the next person – so forgoing those two things has never been very high on my to-do list!  But when you get sick with ulcerative colitis (like I did), you get so desperate, you’ll try anything.
I knew that, for years supervised fasting has been used with great success as part of European medical treatments. The first time I personally tried fasting was in a few month ago. 10 days of juice fasting together with nutritional supplements and herbs stopped my IBS and joint pain.   I felt energetic and excited about being alive. Juice fasting will save my life I know that now.  I realized Hippocrates, the father of Western Medicine was right: fasting allows the body to heal itself.

Why Does Fasting Work?

When we stop eating our usual 3 meals a day, and start consuming live, raw juices our bodies spend all that extra energy (used to digest food) on detoxification, including purging from drugs, chemicals from personal care products, mucus, bacteria, parasites in our intestines, and food additives and preservatives.

The Benefits of Fasting

Fasting allows our major organs (e.g. colon, liver, kidney, lungs, and skin) to release and eliminate toxins. Fasting promotes the formation of new, healthy cells. It can be used as a method of healing from acute and chronic illness or as a disease prevention tool for healthy people. Fasting can reverse the aging process for the middle-aged and elderly. Your body has a built-in mechanism of breaking down and digesting diseased tissues and damaged cells. After all the garbage in our system is disposed of, the body starts building new, healthy organs and tissues. The raw power of juice also purifies the blood, removes the waste from large intestine, and rejuvenates the endocrine system.
Fasting is highly effective for the following conditions:
  • Food allergies/Sensitivities
  • Asthma
  • Arthritis
  • IBS/Celiac Disease/IBD
  • Flus/Colds/Fever
  • Constipation
  • Migraine Headaches
  • Skin problems (eczema, psoriasis)
  • Back problems (sciatica, low back pain)

How Often Should You Do Juice Fasting?

Juice fast 1x/week for one month, then expand to 2 days/week, once a month. Seven day fasts can be done 4 times/year, at the beginning of each season: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

How to Juice Fast

To prepare for a fast longer than 24 hours, eat vegetables and some low-sugar fruits for at least 3 days before embarking on 3-14 days fast. While fasting, consume hot herbal teas and hot vegetable broths, in addition to fresh vegetable juice. To improve the absorption of the juice, I would recommend diluting fresh juice with some water in a ration of 75% juice and 25% water.

Juice Fasting vs. Water Fasting

Juice fasting is much easier than water fasting. A water fast puts more stress on your vital organs (kidney, liver, heart and intestines) by promoting a faster release of acids (eg. uric acids) and toxins.  This process itself could be overwhelming for a person who is doing fasting for the first time. Raw juices supply much needed vitamins, minerals and enzymes, improves cell oxygenation and promotes recovery from sickness.

Side Effects of a Juice Fast

Be aware that during a fast, as a part of the body’s tissue cleansing process, you may experience any of the following symptoms:
  • Coated tongue
  • Metallic taste in the mouth
  • Headaches/Dizziness
  • Mucus discharge from sinuses and bowel
  • Diarrhea/Fever/Fatigue
  • Dark, foul smelling urine and feces
  • Joint aches and pain
Do not be alarmed – this is a part of the internal detoxification process. Those symptoms are not dangerous and should go away after couple of days. Using colon therapy for the first 3-5 days will help you to minimize all those unpleasant physical symptoms. Stop fasting if your experience vomiting and diarrhea for more than a day! The possibility of dehydration is too high and might become dangerous for the faster.

Who Should Avoid Fasting?

Individuals with the following health conditions should avoid juice fasting:
  • Anorexia
  • Malnutrition
  • Peptic Ulcers
  • Tuberculosis
  • After Surgery
  • HIV an Chronic Infections
  • Type I Diabetes
  • Advanced Stage of Cancer
  • Pregnant and Lactating Women
  • Acute or Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Patients taking prescription medications should consult their doctor
Another very helpful step - is to add raw vegetable juices to some of your meals. try drinking a few ounces of vegetable - followed by a few ounces of pure water, 15 to 20 minutes before your meal. drinking a few ounces of vegetable - followed by a few ounces of pure water, 15 to 20 minutes before your meal.
The living enzymes are invaluable to your whole system and the vitamins and minerals are completely bio-available to you. The juices will give you a much needed nutritional and enzyme boost and help begin the healing process.
Keep in mind, the "American Cancer Society" has recommended that people eat more of the cabbage/broccoli family of vegetables because of their protective effects against cancer.

All juicers are not created equal, by any means. Just because a machine squashes and grinds up a vegetable or fruit to a certain degree and you are able to extract a bit of juice doesn't mean you are getting the enzymes and the nutrition you need for all your efforts. The better the quality of the machines used ... the better quality of the juices extracted. They will extract much more juice, thus ultimately saving you money when you buy your organic vegetables and fruits.

Here is one and it won't break the bank! 


2 comments:

  1. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Brain Cancer,Lung Cancer,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us
    breastfeeding supplements

    ReplyDelete