Pineapple is a tropical fruit, it contains a proteolytic enzyme bromelain, which helps in the digestion of protein. Pineapple can prevent blood clot formation because of its bromelain content.
Nutritive Value : Per 100 gm.
- Vitamin A : 130 I.U.
- Vitamin C : 24 mg.
- Calcium : 16 mg.
- Phosphorus : 11 mg.
- Potassium : 150 mg.
- Carbohydrates : 13.7 gm.
- Calories : 52
Pineapple is Beneficial also in the following condition :
- It is regulates the gland and found to be helpful in cases of goiter(enlargement of the thyroid gland).
- Dyspepsia (chronic digestive disturbance).
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchial tubes.)
- Catarrh (secretions from mucous membranes).
- High Blood pressure.
- Arthritis (diseases of the joints)
- Fresh pineapple juice is also used in removing intestinal worms.
- Fresh pineapple juice has been used to combat diptheria and other infections of the throat or other parts of the body.
- Prevents nausea (includes morning sickness and motion sickness), Take 230 cc. of pineapple juice or papaya juice.
Have a wonderful Friday until we meet again ...It's 5 O'clock somewhere!!!