Romaine lettuce is ild and juicy, parsley is rich in antioxidant vitaminC, minerals and chlorophyll: cucumber is full of silica for beautiful skin and hair: celery contains an optimum balance of potassium and sodiumto promote nutrient uptake in cells: ginger fires up digestion: and lemon is full of vitamin c and electrolytes to hydrate the body. Some may prefer tart green apples for their bright taste and lower sugar contant, although any firm, organic apple will work.
1/2 head f romain lettuce
3 celery stalks
1/2 bunch parsley
2 organic apples
1 inch fresh ginger
Drink it while juice is fresh this is not good to keep fo long. It will loose it nutrients quickly.
- Romaine lettuce contains vitamin C and beta-carotene, which are highly beneficial for the heart. It prevents the oxidation of cholesterol, which builds up in the artery walls in the form of plaque and blocks off the blood flow. This creates a clot, which leads to heart attack.
- The lettuce has fiber elements, which help in keeping the digestive system healthy. It helps in lowering the cholesterol level by helping the body make more bile. It does so by binding to the bile salts in the colon and removing them from the body, which in turn gears up the bile production.
- Romaine lettuce contains folic acid, which is as much beneficial for the heart as vitamin C, Beta-carotene and the fiber elements. It helps the body convert homocysteine into other benign substances. Homocysteine is a dangerous chemical, which if not converted, can directly hamper the blood vessels. This can, in turn, enhance the risk of heart attack.
- The lettuce is rich in potassium, which helps in bringing down high blood pressure, another cause of heart disease.
- Romaine lettuce is extremely helpful in fighting the fatal disease cancer. The American institute for Cancer has listed it in its group of foods that fight cancer.
- The lettuce is extremely low in calorie content and has high water volume. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin K, folate, vitamin C, manganese, chromium, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and the minerals like potassium, molybdenum, iron and phosphorus. Romaine is, thus, rich in so many vital elements for the body and is a highly nutritious food.
- Romaine lettuce may contain a considerable amount of pesticide residues, which are highly detrimental to health. They can seriously affect the liver’s function of processing other toxins. They also affect the cells’ production of energy and hamper the nerves’ capacity to send messages. In order to avoid the pesticide-related deadly effects of the lettuce, it is advisable to consume only the ones that are organically grown.