As most of you know I struggle with everyday simple tasks, such as getting out of bed. My arthritis is in my spine and somedays are worst then others. My normal days before I started this blog was taking a morphine pill to get relief from the pain. Now I take vitamins and drink a cup of Chai Tea! The biggest change is my diet. I've learned that food plays a major role in our health. The foods we eat truly can make the difference between life and death. I now try to eat only whole foods and lots veggies and fruits. My body is thanking me! I have lost 23 lbs since I started this change which was only 5 weeks ago. It is amazing how much I have learned not only by doing this blog but by all the wonderful people I have met here and the information they have shared with me.
Power foods are so amazing, the benefits are even more amazing and I am so convinced that if everyone understood how important it is to make the right food choices there would be less disease in the world! I use to think I knew what was good and what wasn't. I found out what I though was good for you was only because of false advertising through large corporate businesses to push their garbage and make you think your doing the right thing but in truth your doing more harm then good. Learn to read the lables properly and you will see most of the processed foods are all JUNK, they are making us sicker and weaker and obese.
My day begins:
1.Morning stretch... about 5 minutes
2. Full glass of water with my vitamins
3. Cup of green or chai tea
4. 1/2 cup of oatmeal (real oatmeal not prepackaged with all that sugar) I add banana or berries and some nuts. and about 1/4 cup of soy milk
5. 15 minute workout on my abdoer
6. snack on Activa - yogurt
7. Veggie salad for lunch (spinach salad with berries, tomatoes, carrots and lemon and olive oil)
8 10 minute walk
9. snack on handfull of walnuts or almonds
10. have a piece of fruit orange, apple, or cantelope
11. between all this drinking plenty of water and tea.
12. dinner with fresh fish or chicken and loads of greens and beans!
13. some more fresh fruit, strawberries , kiwi, apples
This is the typical but I will change it up every now and then with whole grain pancakes for breafast and sometimes a bowl of oatmeal for super lol ......
Lord knows I am not perfect and it's ok to slip up every now and then but whats most important is that you get right back to the good stuff. Just these simple changes have made a huge difference. I have many more changes I need to make but thats another blog!